2021 SEASON OPENING SOON - RESERVE YOUR SLIP!
Welcome to B.S.B.C. - the "Burlington Sailing and Boating Club" - and to the "LaSalle Park Marina".
We want you to "ENJOY YOUR STAY AS A RECIPROCAL GUEST OF BSBC"
The sailing club and marina are two separate entities. Our clubhouse is located on the hill, in the park. The part time dock attendant, duty officer, or any club member will be pleased to direct and assist you.
VISITOR REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
- Contact the Dock Attendant (summer 0900-1700) or OOD (after Labour Day) for slip allocation and key/card. Both monitor VHF channel 68. The OOD duty boat flies an orange pennant and club burgee. On leaving return the key and access card to the Dock Attendant/OOD or in their absence drop them into the slot inside the registration desk (under the binder) located beside the notice boards
- The key fits pump-out station on pier and the clubhouse for lounge, washrooms and showers. The card provides access to the marina’s security gate. The western gangway has 100's slips to the west and 200's to the east. Likewise, the Center gangway houses 300's/400's and the Eastern has 500's/600's
- Length of stay: You are entitled to stay at 'no-charge' for a period equal to the reciprocal arrangement provided by your own Club, plus one (1) more day (to a max. of 3 free days). The charge thereafter will be $25/day (payable to the dock attendant). Checkout is noon.
- Please leave it tidier and cleaner than you found it.
- Dress code requires footwear, shirts, shorts, slacks, skirts (no bare tops or bathing suits in clubhouse)
- Pets must be kept on a leash. Due to allergies & hygiene, they are not permitted in the clubhouse.
- Parents or Guardians are responsible for proper conduct of their children at all times.
- Skippers are responsible for their crew and guests.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in clubhouse (not licensed)
- Provincial laws prohibit alcoholic beverages on the LaSalle Pier and park area. Of course, consumption is allowed onboard your own boat (provided it qualifies as living quarters)
- No running or horseplay.
- No swimming within the marina (due to boating hazards)
- BBQ's & picnic tables are provided near the marina gate.
- Quiet time is from 11PM until 9AM daily. No unnecessary noise permitted!
- Vessels must be well secured with "taught" spring-lines. (refer to procedure sketch on notice board)
- Visiting yachts must not be left unattended overnight unless arrangements have been made with the dock attendant.
- Garbage must be delivered to the shore containers.
- Do not dispose of any debris in the water.
- Temporary daytime docking is permitted on the LaSalle pier; overnight docking on the pier is prohibited by City by-laws.
- A pay phone is located at the NW corner of the pier.
- Wi-Fi internet service available.
- City water is available near the Pier Pump-Out station. (marina water is not guaranteed potable)
- Ice is available inside the locked compound on pier (the loaned key will allow access)
- Vehicle parking is available on the pier.
- Diesel fuel is available at the Hamilton Harbour Commission Dock across the Bay. (20 min. cruise)
- Gas, oil and parts are available at service stations on Plains Road
The Directors, Officers and Members of BSBC and the LaSalle Park Marina assume no responsibility, however caused, to visiting yachts or yacht persons and to their crews or guests for any damage, loss or personal injuries.
We think our facility is the "best kept secret" at the west end of Lake Ontario. The Club is located a short walk from several restaurants, churches, banks, coffee shops etc.
Nearby attractions include the Royal Botanical Gardens, Burlington Art Gallery and Bruce Trail (Lambs Hollow & Cherry Hill Gate).
Local Buses travel Plains Road.
Take a stroll along beautiful picturesque shoreline and park nature trails. Refer to map.
Visitors are welcome and encouraged to join in all Club Events.