2022 Annual Permit
The Lasalle Park Marina Association (LPMA)
Skippers / boat owners to please complete the below form and submit.
Terms, Conditions and Regulations are included on the bottom of this form.
Please refer to Fee Schedule for member status, boat size and pricing plus HST. Kindly e-transfer the appropriate amount to email@example.com OR make cheques payable to LaSalle Park Marina Association.
Upon submission and payment we will assign you a slip number and inform you by email.
Note: there are no refunds on payments made.
Marina must be vacated on or before October 17, 2022. Boats left in the marina after that date will be locked up and charged $200 per day and may be seized and sold to recover charges. Non-conforming owners will not be allowed to return to the marina again.
No boat shall dock without first having all fees paid and this application approved and signed by the LPMA manager beforehand. Slips cannot be sublet or loaned to others as all transactions are through LPMA only. All boats must be registered to and insured in the name of the current member only. All boats in the marina must provide a current insurance document showing a minimum of $2,000,000.00 3rd party liability with this permit and immediately provide any updates if changed. By submitting this document, I understand and declare that I will maintain this mandatory insurance coverage in effect while at LaSalle Park Marina.
Lasalle Park Marina Association (LPMA)
2022 Terms, Conditions and Regulations
Legacy and Renting Members
No Member, person or boat (or otherwise) is authorized to occupy a slip without paying in advance the Seasonal Fees as prescribed by the LPMA and without receiving a Permit for the current year/season. ANY UNAUTHORIZED SLIP USE IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. SLIP USERS MUST BE THE LEGAL OWNER OF THE BOAT THEY KEEP AT THE MARINA. ANNUAL PERMIT STICKERS ISSUED MUST BE AFFIXED TO BOAT. LEGACY AND RENTING MEMBERS ARE ALL CONSIDERED MEMBERS.
- a) LEGACY MEMBER is a member in good standing with LPMA and pays an annual maintenance fee to dock at the Marina or an annual administration fee to keep their membership with LPMA valid. Fees set by LPMA must be paid before March 15th of the year due. Failure to pay the required annual fee by March 15th will result in a $200.00 penalty and a dock reassignment. If full payment and penalty is not paid by May 15th, the membership is automatically terminated without further notice. Legacy Members may attend LPMA meetings, serve on the Board of Directors and have voting rights.
b.) RENTING MEMBER is one who pays a full or partial seasonal fee as prescribed by the LPMA, in exchange for the temporary use of an LPMA slip and becomes a Seasonal Permit Holder. All fees shall be paid in full in advance of use of a slip and the facilities. Renting Members cannot attend LPMA meetings and have no voting rights.
- This permit is not valid unless approved and signed by the Manager or Officer of the LPMA.
- Slips and Permits cannot be loaned, transferred or assigned. All Membership business and transactions must be conducted and handled through the LPMA. Private Rentals and/or Sublets are strictly forbidden. All Members acknowledge that they are licencee(s) only with regard to this Permit and use of the slip and Facilities by them or their crew, family, guests and/or invitees etc. are at their own risk.
- Slips may be available for use by Renting Members on a seasonal, monthly or weekly basis providing the proper paperwork is completed and before the boat is placed in a slip in the Marina. Payment for any rental period is due in advance. Legacy Memberships are not transferrable or assignable except on a permanent basis to the Legacy Member’s spouse upon written and signed notification and instruction to the LPMA directing that such transfer be made.
- The LPMA may cancel this Permit for “cause” as outlined in the By-laws and upon Notice of Cancellation sent by prepaid regular mail to the Member’s address shown on the face of the Permit. Notice of Cancellation has effect five days after the Notice is mailed. If the Notice is personally delivered by an Officer or Manager of the LMPA or such other authorized person, the cancellation is effective immediately.
- The following applies equally to all Members and their guest(s) crew, family, and/or invitees etc., who must be accompanied at all times by the Member.
- Only a Member is authorized to use the Facilities, as defined in paragraph 8 below, granted by this Permit and only for the period specified on the Permit. Boats or equipment not removed by the end of the specified period may be disposed of as the LPMA sees fit, at the Member’s own risk and expense.
- Members acknowledge that the Corporation of the City of Burlington, the City of Hamilton, the Hamilton Oshawa Port Authority and the LPMA do not assume any duty of care for the boat or any other belongings and are not responsible for personal injury or death of any person, and/ or for damage to or for the loss or theft of any of the Member’s personal belongings, real and /or personal property or equipment or for that of any guest(s) crew, family, and/or invitees etc. By signing this Permit, any claims against the City and the LPMA are waived. Members hereby agree to indemnify and save harmless the City of Burlington, the City of Hamilton, the Hamilton Port Authority and the LPMA, its Board of Directors, staff and agents, from and against any and all claims whatsoever and whether or not caused or contributed to or resulting directly or indirectly from their negligence, gross negligence or wilful misconduct or that of any one of them.
- Slip Users shall pay for any and all damage(s) to Facilities and/or other boats and/or property arising out of the use of such Facilities as granted by this Permit. “Facilities” include all real or personal property inclusive of land, buildings, structures, docks, boats, equipment and chattels. Members are also strictly and personally responsible and liable for the conduct and actions of their guest(s) crew, family, and/or invitees etc. in this regard.
- Marina staff on duty must be notified immediately of any collisions occurring between boats or other vessels in the Marina. Insurance documents shall be shared between the parties involved in a timely manner and resulting damage resolved as expeditiously as possible.
- No commercial operation may be conducted at the Marina or Facilities nor shall any fee be charged by Members for any of the Facilities unless there is prior written approval from the the LPMA Board of Directors. All Members must comply with applicable federal and provincial laws, municipal by-laws and resolutions as well as the Bylaws of the LPMA. All Permit Holders are directed to the City of Burlington's Park By-Law No. 35-1976, which may be viewed or copy obtained at the City's Recreation Services Department. Quiet time is 11pm to 8am daily. No boat or otherwise may be used in an airbnb or similar program.
- All activities must be conducive to good relations with other users. Loud noise, rowdy behaviour or the use foul language is strictly prohibited. The use of barbeques on the Marina walkways or slips is strictly prohibited. Approved and affixed marine barbeques onboard are exempt. Smoking and/or cannabis use must be in accordance with the law.
- Each Member shall provide proof of boat ownership and insurance coverage upon demand (see front of Permit for requirements) by the LPMA Board of Directors or staff. The Manager must be notified immediately of any changes.
- Allocation of slips will be made taking into account vessel length, beam, draft and type. The LPMA Board of Directors reserves the sole right to reassign slips for reasons of safety, facility integrity or the efficient use of Marina space.
- Members must not substitute a different boat for the boat originally accepted by the LPMA as suitable without first advising and obtaining approval of the Manager or Board of Directors in writing. Members who wish to change slip location must make written application to the Manager or the LPMA Board of Directors.
- Members upon noting any Marina facility maintenance issue (e.g. loose boards, loose cleats, damaged water or electrical lines etc.), or contravention of these Terms, Conditions and Regulations or any other dangerous or hazardous situations shall notify Marina staff immediately. No locker, sail, rigging, spar, other boat or miscellaneous equipment shall be left on the docks or Facility premises. No carpets, line, fixtures or other equipment may be permanently affixed to docks.
- Docks shall not be painted or defaced in any manner whatsoever. All hoses and electrical lines must be kept clear of walkways. Additional cleats or securing objects may not be placed on the docks. Power outlets are for occasional use only (e.g. maintenance, battery charging etc.). Members are asked to unplug before leaving their boat unattended.
- Boats must be moored securely equal to or better than the posted diagram on Marina Bulletin Board. Only nylon line shall be used (chafe protection is highly recommended). Failure to comply could result in additional fees for LPMA staff to make corrections. Members are required to adequately fender their boats on both sides to reduce risk of damage to both their own and their neighbour's boat.
- Each slip shall be used by only one boat; however, an approved tender may be allowed with approval by the Manager (dinghy regulations apply). No personal watercraft, canoes or jet-skis are allowed. Pets cannot roam freely and must be carried or otherwise controlled on a leash. Members shall not “partner” a boat in their slip.
- Major boat repairs that include grinding/spray-painting, power cutting etc. may potentially cause a disturbance are not usually allowed within the Marina. Requests for an exception must be made to the Manager in writing with one week notice and must be arranged, approved and in consultation with the Manager. Environmental laws must be complied with.
- Not permitted: Air conditioners; harassment of wildlife; fishing or swimming in the Marina. Additional requirements as necessary are posted on the Marina Notice Board. Tap-water on the docks shall be used for washing purposes only and not for consumption. Drinking water is available from the city water supply on the LaSalle Pier.
- Zero Discharge: Renting Members shall not not discharge any pollutants into the water or air. Accidental spills shall be immediately reported to Marina staff. The Members are liable for any associated costs or damages.
- Where there is unauthorized use of a slip, the LPMA Board of Directors reserves the right to, at the Member’s own risk and expense, (a) remove the boat or other item from the slip; (b) seize the boat or other item and place it in storage; (c) sell the boat or other item to recover any costs of seizure and storage ; (d) lock the boat or other item to the slip until payment is made to the LPMA for any fees and penalties due.