Fred Gilbank Regatta 25 September 2022
This Regatta is open to ANY keel boat owned by a BS&BC member in good standing.
The Fred Gilbank Memorial Race was initiated to commemorate Fred Gilbank, a long-time participant in BS&BC, GHYRA and LO300 racing, largely in the Double Handed non-flying sails divisions. Until the unfortunate death of Fred and his wife Lynne by an intruder in their Ancaster home on Nov. 16, 1998, he was a good friend to us, an excellent crew to Long Reach, and a major contributor to the racing spirit of BS&BC. He gladly filled the demanding role of crew in short-handed racing and is sorely missed. To honour Fred's passion for crewing, it is the crew member of the winning boat that gets their name on the trophy.
On Sunday the 25th we continue the tradition.
- Skippers meeting at 9:30 am at the LaSalle Marina BBQ dock
- Catch the 10:30 bridge
- One start for all boats. Warning gun at 11:00 Start at 11:05
- The start is on Lake Ontario NE from the lake end of the Burlington Canal.
- Course will be from the bridge to a mark off the Shell Pier, to the CCIW Spider Tower and back to the Burlington Canal.
- Included in the fee is the Apres party with a toast of Rum, compliments of David Groves, and BBQ after the race.