Cruising and Reciprocals - Burlington Sailing & Boating Club
BS&BC is located on the north shore of Burlington Bay in LaSalle Park. It is a self-help, non profit private club with membership open to those interested in recreational boating. The club offers both adult and junior sailing programs to promote both safer and better boating. The club has a comprehensive list of social and boating activities for members, guests and visitors from reciprocating clubs. Contact the marina manager directly to make a booking 905-633-9483
List of Reciprocal Clubs
VISITING BS&BC (see Visitor Welcome Brochure)
- The club house with lounge, party room, washrooms and showers is a short climb into the beautifully treed LaSalle Park.
- Overnight dockage is available in the LaSalle Park Marina or temporary dockage at the pier. Marina docks can accommodate boats up to 38 feet in length.
- A dock attendant is available at the marina most weekends through June, July and August. The attendant can be contacted by VHF radio on channel 68.
- Visitors are requested to stop at the visitors dock (seen immediately on the right upon entering the marina breakwater).
- To reach the marina visiting boats must enter Burlington Bay (Hamilton Harbour) through the lift bridge across the canal which operates ONLY on the hour AND half hour for pleasure craft, 24 hours a day.
- Vessels must be in the canal prior to the bridge opening. Adequate height, for most pleasure craft of 40 feet or less, is when the bridge balance is level with the road surface of the bridge. The bridge operator monitors channel 16 but will ask you to switch and answer on channel 12 of the VHF radio.
- Visitors coming by car will find us by following the QEW Niagara to Northshore Blvd. and heading west along the Burlington Bay north shore to LaSalle Park Road. (Beware of the King Road bend. Northshore Blvd. is a left turn at this point).
- Parking is available either on the pier in designated parking spaces or in the Park at the upper lot. Visitors are warned to park only where permitted.
- A 15 minute walk from the marina will take you to Tim Horton’s, Russell Williams family restaurant, a bank, and a few variety stores.
Facilities for visitors and members include:
- club house in the park
- dockside barbeques
- barbeque at the club house (with a few kitchen facilities)
- propane corn pot (or lobsters??) (upon request, with notice)
- pump out at the pier
- dock carts
- water on the dock for washing only
- drinking water available near mast hoist
- limited electrical supply at the docks
- emergency fire pump and dock ladders
Phone: Marina Manager 905-633-9483
Link to: Cruising Guide Canada
The Burlington Sailing & Boating Club (est. 1975)
841 LaSalle Park Road
Burlington, ON L7T 4G9
(905) 681-6547 | firstname.lastname@example.org