Intermediate Membership and Fees
When you join the Shark Program, you become a BS&BC Intermediate Club member and are entitled to all Intermediate Membership amenities.
This sailing program runs from April 12, 2020 – October 18, 2020 with the on water portion spanning 16 weeks from Sunday May 31to Sunday, September 13, 2020.
Click here to Join the Shark program.
Crew Membership: $350.00 plus HST (13%)
- The Shark Program encourages those interested in sailing to enjoy sailing and develop sailing skills without having to own a keelboat. You will learn how to sail out in the bay and about boat care, maintenance, and have the opportunity to meet other sailors as well as join club activities as part of the BSBC sailing community.
- Crew are classed as BS&BS Intermediate members and must complete 10 volunteer hours (five hours within the program) Attendance at the Stepping and Un-Stepping of mast is required.
- 18 spaces
First Mate Membership: $175.00 plus HST (13%)
- BS&BC believes sailing is a family sport and encourages members to bring a first mate along. With the purchase of a Shark Program membership, your ‘First Mate’ may join for a discounted fee. First Mate must live at the same address.
- First Mates must also complete 10 volunteer hours (five hours within the program) Attendance at the Stepping and Un-Stepping of mast is required.
- 8 spaces
Skipper Membership (Senior Members Only): $150.00 plus HST (13%)
- This membership is for members who have achieved Skipper status through completion of the Shark Program. This membership entitles Skippers to take a BS&BC keelboat out their own in the bay. To be eligible, all Skippers must become a Senior Member (other fees apply).
- All senior members must complete five volunteer hours within the Shark Program.
- 4 spaces
Membership periods are based on the BS&BC October to September fiscal year.