Experience Sailing and Boating on Burlington Bay
The Burlington Sailing & Boating Club was established in 1974 to promote Seamanship, Sportsmanship and Friendship. The Club is located in LaSalle Park, a lush, tranquil park on the tree-lined north shore of Burlington Bay in Aldershot, only minutes from the 403 or QEW highways.
We are a self-help, non-profit, family-oriented club committed to providing a complete and low cost recreational boating experience to our members and the community. We work closely together with the LaSalle Park Marina Association. Together we form Burlington's only boating and water-access facility.
- Visitors Welcome Information
- Application Form to join Burlington Sailing & Boating Club
- BS & BC email addresses
- telephone: (905) 681-654
- Cozy, two-story clubhouse with lounge, gas fireplace, TV/VCR, large entertainment/meeting room, showers, washrooms and a balcony with a captivating view of Burlington Bay
- Secure summer dry-sail storage compound for dinghies & catamarans (see attached application form)
- Launch ramp and floating dinghy dock
- Fleet of 24 dinghies and 4 coach boats for youth and adult sail training in CYA basic through advanced sailing levels
- Secure, low cost winter boat storage compound
- Pump-out, mast-hoist and mast storage
- Gas barbecues and sheltered picnic tables on the water
Programs for members
- Organized weekend cruises to other ports on Lake Ontario
- Club races (twice-weekly) for dinghies and keel boats
- Access to regattas and events sponsored by other yacht clubs
- Docking/visitation privileges at other yacht clubs
- An active events calendar which includes:
- Commodore's Ball, Sailpast, Annual Regatta, Fall Frolics, Christmas and New Year's Parties as well as many cruising/racing seminars, movie/pub nights, safety seminars, marine related training programs etc.
- Informative monthly newsletter 'Underway' delivered
- Able Sail program (dinghy sailing for the physically challenged)
- Youth Sail Training Day Camps
- Adult & Senior Sail Training
- Shark Program – Learn to Sail without Owning a Boat
During July and August, BS&BC operates an active sailing program for ages 5 and up. The training is offered to the community-at-large and club membership is not required. Students are taught by Canadian Yachting Association certified instructors, and CYA certificates are awarded for each level attained.
Safety is an integral component built into all aspects of the programs and with a spirit of good times, fun and friendships naturally evolve.
With the support and sponsorship of the Ontario Sailing Association and the Ontario Trillium Foundation an 'Able Sail' Program is available for people with physical disabilities.
Custom equipment is available to transfer participants from wheel chairs into specially adapted boats. Disabilities include but are not limited to stroke, trauma, and MS It's so easy, the sailors have coined the phrase "If you can breathe, you can sail!"
The program affords associate club members the opportunity to access a mid-sized keelboat that can be taken for relaxing day cruises exploring the bay. Alternatively, try your hand at club racing and other club activities. Sailing and boat maintenance is learned by hands-on participation under the guidance of experienced sailors. This becomes a natural stepping-stone between dinghies and larger keelboats.
Link to: Cruising Guide Canada
The Burlington Sailing & Boating Club
841 LaSalle Park Road
Burlington, ON L7T 4G9
(905) 681-6547 | firstname.lastname@example.org